Opportunities at Hudson Valley Regional Council
Clean Energy Communities Coordinator
Hudson Valley Regional Council is seeking applicants for a full-time Clean Energy Communities Coordinator. The successful applicant will carry out tasks related to the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority’s (NYSERDA) Clean Energy Communities Program for the seven-county Mid-Hudson Region.
Duties as Clean Energy Communities Coordinator will primarily include conducting outreach and delivering technical assistance services and guidance to local governments interested in pursuing clean energy planning and projects specific to the Clean Energy Communities Program. Duties will include:
- Assist local governments with understanding and completing the required actions to become designated “Clean Energy Communities” (CEC).
- Assist local governments with accessing associated CEC grant resources from NYSERDA.
- Assist local governments in completing local greenhouse gas emissions inventories, benchmarking the energy use of municipal buildings, and assisting communities in reducing greenhouse gas emissions through energy efficiency upgrades and renewable energy projects.
- Assist local governments to become certified Climate Smart Communities.
- Assist local governments in adopting model codes and streamlined clean energy permitting processes.
- Assist communities in increasing the deployment of alternative fuel vehicles and associated fueling infrastructure.
- Conduct local on-site training and workshops to groups of interested local officials and community stakeholders on specific clean energy topics.
- Identify and connect communities with relevant clean energy programs and grant opportunities.
- Maintenance of records documenting relevant community assets, opportunities, communications, and status of each community’s progress through stages of high impact action and grant project completion.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Minimum qualifications are a Master’s Degree in urban planning, environmental science, or a related field and two years’ experience in sustainability/energy planning, or, a Bachelor’s Degree in urban planning, environmental science or a related field and two years’ experience in sustainability/energy planning. Must be knowledgeable about clean energy, climate action planning, NY State local government operations, and NYSERDA programs. Must have strong public speaking and writing skills as well as experience with outreach and engagement to a variety of stakeholders. Possess proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), Microsoft Teams, Salesforce, and other web-based project management and tracking systems. The position will require travel by car and include evening meetings, COVID-19 constraints permitting. Travel expenses will be reimbursed at federal rates. Salary commensurate with experience.
Hudson Valley Regional Council is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Please email your cover letter and résumé to the attention of Carla Castillo at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 17, 2020. Interviews will be scheduled for the week of September 21.
Hudson Valley Regional Council
3 Washington Center,