Opportunities at Hudson Valley Regional Council
Economic Recovery Project Specialist
The Hudson Valley Regional Council (HVRC), a Regional Planning and Development Board serving the 7 county Hudson Valley region has immediate openings for several individuals to assist with outreach, technical assistance and data recovery for a special economic impact analysis project. Project specialist will join our project team in regional economic development activities that will prepare an analysis of the economic impact of the COVID 19 pandemic on the economy in our region based on existing data, identify tools and programs that are relevant to recovery and, help guide business recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. The project, a special CARES initiative of the US Dept. of Commerce Economic Development Administration, will run through the end of June 2022 and will guide programmatic and funding needs assessments into the future. The report will also identify resiliencies that will assist businesses, non-profits, and governments in dealing with disasters in the future. There are openings for two or three individuals (fulfilling the grant requirements of 1.5 Full-time equivalents). The position offers flex time, and the salary will be in $25.00 an hour range. It is anticipated that due to the continued pandemic, much of the work will be done remotely, travel when needed will be reimbursed. Computers, workspace, materials, and training will be provided.
Responsibilities will include:
- Surveying County-level stakeholder groups, regional businesses, and governments to determine key recovery issues.
- Planning for educational recovery events, presentations, webinars, and outreach activities.
- Developing a “tool kit” of resources, grants, and other funding resources to support area businesses and economic development efforts.
- Working with the project team to address identified needs throughout the project.
- Tracking and reporting data gleaned for inclusion in the Regional Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS).
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor of arts degree in business, economic development, community planning or public administration, consideration will be given to college students in relevant fields.
- Familiarity with data source tracking and analysis.
- Ability to travel and work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and follow budgets and plans.
- Availability for a 12- to 15-month contract, with options to renew at the discretion of the HVRC based on availability of funding.
Helpful but not required:
- Familiarity with the jurisdictions served by the Hudson Valley Regional Council
- Spanish fluency
- Grant writing experience helpful
- Economic development experience
To apply, please Submit resume and cover letter by April 15, 2021 to: Patricia S Pomeroy, HVRC Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org