Welcome to the Westchester County Climate Action Planning Institute!
On this site you will find information related to your 16 month Westchester CAPI program. At any time, if you are not sure what you should be working on, you can refer back to this web site for guidance.
- For CAPI programmatic or administrative assistance, please contact Mary Lambert: firstname.lastname@example.org, 845-595-8684.
- For CAPI technical assistance: please contact Kale Roberts at email@example.com, 845-464-3682.
The Climate Action Planning Institute (CAPI) is a facilitated, collaborative working group through which a select group of local governments develop individual government operations greenhouse gas emissions inventories (“GOGHGI”) and government operations climate action plans (“GOCAP”).
The Hudson Valley Regional Council (HVRC) in partnership with ICLEI (Local Governments for Sustainability), will be leading Dutchess CAPI. Nine municipalities will together take a collaborative approach to climate mitigation and help bring State funding to the region for important projects.
- Westchester County
- City of Peekskill
- City of White Plains
- Town of Ossining
- Village of Hastings-on-Hudson
- Village of Irvington
- Village of Ossining
- Village of Pelham
- Village of Tarrytown
Meeting #1: Kick-off
Location: Westchester County Board of Elections, 25 Quarropas St., 2nf fl., White Plains, NY.
The in-person Kick-off meeting will cover the basics of a government operations greenhouse gas inventory and government operations climate action plan, as well as an overview of the CAPI process, timeline, and benefits. It is an opportunity to meet the other cohort participants and engage with and ask questions to your CAPI leaders. We will also cover project management and match tracking.
The presentations from this meeting, as well as subsequent meetings, will be uploaded to this Westchester CAPI site.
- Purpose and benefits of CAPI
- Purpose and elements of a local government operations greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory
- High-level review of the Local Government Operations Protocol for GHG accounting and reporting.
- Example: San Mateo Local Government Operations Inventory
- Video: City-University Collaborations on Sustainability and Climate
- Video: Governance Structures for Effective Climate Action [Global Covenant of Mayors]
Westchester CAPI is made possible through a generous grant from the NYS DEC Climate Smart Communities Grant Program.